What is this Privacy Notice?
This Privacy Notice sets out what we do with Personal Data and what you can expect from us as part of our obligations when processing this Personal Data.
What data are we gathering?
We may hold Personal Data (including Sensitive Personal Data) about members and volunteers. We believe it is important to be open and transparent about how we will use your Personal Data. Information we may hold includes the following:
- name and contact details;
Why do we collect this information?
We use this information to communicate with you and to carry out our obligations as Scout Leaders. We also have a responsibility to keep information about you, both during your membership and afterwards (due to our safeguarding responsibilities and also to help us if you leave or rejoin). In addition, we may collect data for registration to events, including nights away, in some cases this data will be Sensitive Personal Data, which we ask for to allow us to provide appropriate care for members whilst under our supervision. The list of activities we carry out as part of Scouting that may require the use of Personal Data include:
- To enable us to provide a voluntary service for the benefit of the public;
- To manage our volunteers
- To manage our membership records
- To update you on events and
- To conduct surveys on our performance
- For financial accounting
- To fundraise for the Scout Group
- To process Gift Aid applications
How do we gather data?
We gather data through a variety of methods, these include:
- contact form on our website or by email;
- Event registration forms.
When will we delete this data?
We may keep information for different periods of time for different purposes as required by law or best practice.
As far as membership information is concerned, to make sure of continuity (for example leavers and then re-joiners) and to carry out our legal responsibilities relating to safeguarding young people, we keep membership information throughout the membership and after it ends.
Who has access to this data and who do we share it with?
Only those members who need membership information to carry out their role have access to that information.
We may share membership data with other local scouting groups where this activity is required to deliver the scouting group obligations, such as stand in leaders. We may also share data within The Scout Association. We do not store credit card details, nor do we share data with third parties without permission.
Where will the data be stored?
This data is securely stored IN AN ONLINE MEMBERSHIP SYSTEM / STORED AS ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTS IN A SECURE STORAGE SOLUTION. We take data security seriously.
What are your rights to your Personal Data
As a Data Subject you have rights over your own data that you can exercise at any time, these are:
- Data is accurate – we must keep your data accurate
- Data is erased – we must erase data if not needed or requested by you, that is not excessive and is possible
- Data is portable – we must provide a copy of your data back to you
- Data processing is limited – we must cease a processing activity if you object to it
- Consent withdrawal – we must allow you to withdraw consent at anytime
In the event that you wish to contact us to exercise these rights or for any further queries on this Privacy Notice please contact firstname.lastname@example.org